Saturday, August 8, 2009

John the Baptist really ate these?

John, John the Baptist, son of Zacharias, born in the wilderness... ate locusts.

I heard that locusts die after they shed their shell. I'm not sure if that is always true and I haven't done any research to find out. Well, we found this one's shell and he was under a foot away from it. He soon died. Interesting looking bug. I felt bad for it for the slow death and being attacked by these other little insects. Pretty gross. Anyway, when the kids and I were looking at it, I was just thinking about how gross it would be to eat it. It seems John must have been a true wilderness man. Maybe he ate them with a lot of honey?

1 comment:

Brooke Soderholm (crazysodfam) said...

Whoops, maybe no one wanted to break it to me that this insect isn't a locust, but a cicada. I think???...