Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Surprise!

I had a really fun surprise tonight! Some of my friends came over and threw me a surprise shower for Grant! I really had no clue. I hadn't really even put on makeup today and my house wasn't super clean. Danny told me around 5:15 or 5:30 that some friends were coming at 6:00. I was like, "What are you talking about?"

Dana, Cori, Andrea, Melanie, Drea, Emily, Amy, and Jen came into the house and showered me with love and meals! It was perfect. Seriously, my freezer is stocked and I have a couple coupons for meals other days! Angie and Kasey couldn't come, but they sent meals too. How great are my friends? Really!! They knew that I didn't really need baby things and this was a great way to support me. It will be such a help when Grant comes! I'll just have to practice self control to not use the food in the next few days. The dinners look great! They brought some yummy treats too. So, we shared those and socialized for a while. It was fun. I always appreciate girl time. I felt really loved. Thanks guys, for the really great surprise shower!

Andrea and Dana


Jen, Cori, and I
Can you tell that I feel loved?
I wish that I had taken pics of everyone else, but my camera was in the van and with Danny. He took these two pics when he and the kids came back.



The stocked freezer.

Even more in the fridge! Yes, I will certainly enjoy!

Thanks again, girls!

4 comments:

Ioana said...

Now that is NICE!!!

Janelle said...

that's a great group of friends. those meals will be so nice when Grant is born! Good luck with the self-control!

Lorel said...

Oh my gosh! What a great idea! That is seriously the best thing you could have right after the baby is born... I've never heard of a food shower. Smart friends!!!

Keeepin' Up With The Jones' said...

I wish I knew about it because I would of loved to have been there to show my love and support, I am so excited for your family's new addition, I can't wait to see the little guy.