Saturday, November 1, 2008

Danny did it! He's an Ironman!


October has been a really busy and great month for us, but I'll catch up on here another day.

Tonight I just wanted to write that I am so proud of Danny for accomplishing his goal! He completed a full iron level triathlon today and did it 20 minutes faster than his goal! Way to go, buddy! He didn't stop moving from 7:11a.m. until 9:40pm. In that time he swam 2.4 miles, biked 112 miles, and then ran 26.2 miles! I can't even imagine doing one of the three sections, let alone all three. But, Danny perservered and met his goal! Simply amazing. I knew he would do well, but I am still very impressed.

I was so sad not to go(don't even ask! I'm serious, don't. It's an extremely sore point for me.) and thought about him and worried about him a lot today. His parents and I talked a few times during the day, but I was so thankful when he called tonight after he crossed the finish line. It was a pretty tough go for him with frigid water, a flat tire,a broken bike spoke(wobbly ride), lack of rear brakes, and fire ants (maybe he can explain in an upcoming blog) and he is completely exhausted! He was looking forward to eating and drinking and sleeping and said he probably will never do it again. However, he was pleased with his accomplishment. He'll be back home tomorrow and the kids and I can't wait to see him!

Hopefully, we'll get a lot of pictures from his parents. If not, I'll buy a bunch from the photographers who covered the race. We'll post them soon and Danny can fill you in on his amazing 14o.6 mile journey!

To find out more about the race in general, check out this website-http://www.beach2battleship.com/index.cfm

8 comments:

Lorel said...

WHAT?!?! I didn't even know that it was possible for our bodies to do all of those things in one day. Well, maybe for me it wouldn't be. haha. That's amazing! Good job, Danny!

Ioana said...

WOW!!!!! Good job, Danny! That's definitely something to be proud of! Awesome!

The Henrich Family said...

I salute you Danny. You are a true athlete. I know Brooke and your family are so proud of you. We're happy for your success--and, beating your goal too...THAT ROCKS. You set a goal for yourself, did all you can to get there and you did it. What a great example you are for your children.

Janelle said...

Great job Danny, you are officially the man! We are totally proud of you. I hate car rides that are that long.

Pam said...

CONGRATULATIONS Danny!!! We are proud of you! Great job!

Ginny Lubin Butler said...

Danny is a machine! Good job, friend! Hope you and your beautiful family are doing great!

Sarah Weiss said...

Hey Brooke. Congrats on the baby and congrats for Danny! I haven't checked your blog in a while. How are things going?

carrie said...

Way to go Danny! That is seriously amazing. I did a sprint triathlon once and it was dang hard! I can't imagine doing an ironman!!