Sunday, November 23, 2008

Twilight Party


I love the Twilight series and was so excited about the movie. So, for a girl's night out we had a little Twilight party here and went to see the movie. It was a fun time! I love parties with a theme and had fun trying to put a few things together. Here are a few pictures(if I can ever download them- blogger is taking forever!)



To decorate I just used red, black, and white, apples, a chess board, red ribbon, umbrellas, and a few photos of the characters(the actors) in my frames. It was pretty much just to be funny and I wondered if people would notice. They did.


I made "coven style popcorn,"(popcorn coated in red melting chips), "O-negative balls"(red velvet cake balls), vampire cupcakes(rasberry filled cupcakes)(I know that the Twilight vampires don't have fangs, but they were fun),

"newborn punch"(cherry, cranberry, pineapple, and ginger ale), and "Make your mouth happy" (Twizzlers) too. I found most of the recipes online, but can't remember where exactly. I just don't want to try to take credit there. Jen Mccoin made a yummy pumpkin and whipped topping dessert with "blood" topping. Everything looked and tasted pretty good!


I had a few games in mind. Twilight trivia- I thought about dividing into teams, Edward and Jacob, and playing, but the girls just found the questions and had fun trying to remember the answers. That worked out fine. The other game I had in mind in case we needed it was a Bella grace competition. We would have done an obstacle course with books on our heads. We just didn't need anything like that though. We just had fun talking.


Then, we were off to the theater. I would have taken a group shot there, but we wanted to take it under the Twilight sign and didn't want to get out of line. We were going to take it on our way out, but before the movie started I was asked to put the camera in the car. Cameras aren't allowed. OOPs! So, unfortunately I didn't get many pictures of the people that made it fun! Next time I'll know. Thanks for coming girls! Should we do it again next time?


4 comments:

Janelle said...

That looks like a great party. You are SO great at planning parties. I love all the detail. I still need to read those books. Maybe someday....

Sarah Weiss said...

So fun! What did you think I the movie? I was totally disappointed. I thought it looked like a low budget film, with bad acting, and an even worse script. Didn't do the book justice. I hope the next movie is much better!

Brooke Soderholm (crazysodfam) said...

I didn't say too much about the movie, because I think the books are soooooo much better! I will still go see the next one though.

Lorel said...

That must have been the best party ever! The food looks amazing... so creative!