Saturday, September 19, 2009

Victoria P., First Grader


V on her first day of 1st grade. She just started the year at Jacobs with Ms. Whitney as a teacher. A few before school shots


Isn't she looking older? I've had a hard time coming to grips with the fact that she, like Junie B., is a first grader.



The first day was a rainy Tuesday, but she was still excited to go. Christian was excited to go to the bus stop too.



We wanted to include Grant, so here are all the kids in hoodies.



Sweet V in line for the bus in the rain.

Then, she got on the bus, and away they went.

I thought a few weeks ago, that I was ready for school to start again because V and Christian were arguing a lot and my patience was wearing pretty thin. Truth be told, I wasn't. I've had a harder time with her going to 1st than Kindergarten. I miss her a lot and I can tell that Grant and Christian do too. She is having a good time though and is readjusting to school nicely, so we are happy for her for that. In just the first couple weeks I have gotten feedback from Ms. Whitney about her excellent behavior, so that makes me really proud of her. She has 20 tickets for good behavior already and got to pick a prize on Friday. She picked a sparkly silver headband and has worn it with pride for 2 days now. Maybe you'll see it in a future post.

1 comment:

Mom said...

I miss her too! She is such a sweet little girl.