Saturday, December 19, 2009

Walking to the Store in the Snow

So we've got 10 inches of snow and it's still falling. We wrapped the kids up and went out to go sledding. It was more like me pulling Victoria and Christian, then them actually sledding. After taking trips both ways up and down our street. We decided to walk (I pulled and walked, V & C rode) up to the shopping center. We went around in Rose's and then had some hot chocolate, peach cobbler, and cinnamon buns in Country Cookin'.
It reminded me a lot of the neighborhood I lived in until I was 8. My family lived in Newport News and our street was behind a shopping center with a drug store, barber shop, dry cleaners with a bubble gum machine, and a Sizzler. Bobby and I used to ride our bikes or walk to the store, just because it was fun. Sometimes we'd get lost and the pharmacist would call our mom and she'd come pick us up.
I think our kids will enjoy living walking distance from a shopping center. I like living in a small town. The cobbler's not too bad either.

4 comments:

Brooke Soderholm (crazysodfam) said...

So, Christian and V had a great time! V is back out playing again, but Christian crashed. He has strept throat- well, he has taken a few doses of antibiotic, but he is still pretty tired and coughing a lot.

The Henrich Family said...

Glad you guys are enjoying the snow! Hope Christian feels better soon.

Janelle said...

Bummer about Christian, I hope he's all better for Christmas. Enjoy the snow! It can be so much fun huh? Sounds like you guys are going to have a lot of fun in Farmville!

macylee36 said...

I remember being allowed to walk all the way down the street to the Shopette and buy ice cream and soda or candy all by myself. I swear I was only about 7. I would never let my kid do that nowadays but I remember how much I enjoyed doing that.