Sunday, June 5, 2011

Aloha kindergarten, Aloha summer!

School got out over a week ago and I thought it might be nice to share some pictures of the end of the year parties. Christian and his friends in Mrs. Hodges' kindergarten closed the year with a pizza party.  Their teacher was so generous to supply the pizza!

The kids played "Summer charades".
 They wrote special notes for their teacher, Mrs. Hodges, and their aid, Mr. Hough.

  and painted with water and blew bubbles outside. It had been a while since we painted with water, but something I had planned for them to do fell through, so I just grabbed some brushes and a bucket. I forgot how much fun they have with that! It was so hot that the paint kept evaporating!


I thought it was going to say "I love you, mom", but he fooled me. It was something else entirely. Can't remember now what it was. Christian is so funny. He was the first child to try to go Jackson Pollock out there. Of course, he was wanting to get his friends wet, so it didn't work out. He tried a few other fun games with the paint brushes too, like wringing the water out and pretending he was peeing. I think I was squashing his creativity. I sometimes view some of his ideas as naughty, but really they often are misunderstood. I can tell that he is very smart and thinks outside of the box sometimes. I am proud of him for that. I have a hunch that his strong will and creativity will be his greatest strengths one day. I love him.  
Deantre and a big bubble
  Christian and Sam-appeasing me by painting like the other kids were.
Isn't TaNaijah a beautiful little girl?

Trey had great fun with this and was very proud of his artwork. His big brother was in V's class.
 
Carrington and her magical disappearing butterfly.
After stations, we had delicious ice cream sundaes! Thank you Crystal, Christy, and Sarah! The kids loved choosing their own toppings!
 Christian chose "all of them."
I wish you could see better, he lost his top tooth the night before and his big gap is adorable. Be on the lookout in upcoming pictures. It makes me remember how young and precious he is, when he smiles at me with that goofy grin.

 What a fun party and what a cool kindergarten class they had!
Thank you, Mrs. Hodges, for your love, patience, and caring! You are so organizes, experienced, and energetic. Christian really enjoyed your class. You were a great fit for him and we are so happy with his first year of school. 2010-2011 was a good school year. Clearly, Christian gives it 2 thumbs up. Thanks!

No comments: