Sunday, December 29, 2013

Christian's Air and Space Museum field trip

I love going on field trips with Christian. He is such a fun kid. He had so much energy on this trip and ran from place to place. In a way, I felt hurt that it seemed like it didn't matter that I was there. But, one day he will look back and remember that I tried my best to be there for things like this and he will know how much I love him.  I love his excitement for science, and learning in general. He is a great thinker and a great student.  It was cool to see him with his friends. We spent a lot of time with his friend, Nick. We learned about simple machines first. The kids need to have those down for the SOLS. We also watched a I-max movie about Monarch butterflies in 3D. It was comical to watch the kids try to catch the butterflies. One of the highlights of our free time there was meeting a museum worker whose group was late. He asked us if he could teach us a bit about electricity. He did such a great job talking to our little group and the boys got a lot out of it! Oh, also, there is a picture of the napkin that V put in C's lunch. What a sweet sister. We write napkin notes most days. Usually I write them, but sometimes V and C write on each others. Fun tradition. My mom wrote on our napkins, so I learned it from her.













No comments: