Sunday, December 29, 2013

Grandma and Grandpa's farm

My parents bought a new property in Powhatan, VA. It has an old house on it that is going to take a lot of work. They have been scrubbing and painting a lot already! They tore out old carpet and laid new flooring in some rooms already. They have had plumbers and electricians working on it and a family friend is redoing the kitchen and bathrooms. A lot of work, but it is going to be really cool! It will be fun for my mom to decorate. She is an expert bargain hunter and is awesome at finding good antique furniture at auctions. I just know she will make it look 100 times better than they found it. The property also has a chicken coop, a cabin (my mom thinks it is disgusting, but I think the kids will love sleeping in it once we (family project maybe?) clean it up a bit and add mattresses to the built-in bunks), and a couple of barns and storage structures.  My parents plan on planting an orchard and gardening and likely adding chickens and honey. Did you know that my dad had a bee-keeping hobby once? I didn't take many pictures, but  I am sure I will over time. The house isn't in the picture, but the picture at the bottom shows a dog that likes to play on the property. It is a really nice dog and the kids called her "Goldie." I think my nieces named it. She likes to run with the kids and play chase. We look forward to visiting again soon and seeing all of the progress!


No comments: