Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Back to School 2015

FHE the night before included a special (ok, silly) message from V about waking up early in the morning and going to school.
Father's Blessings were more serious and special.

Backpacks ready.
Lunches ready early in the morning.
Dinner started early in the morning.
V was ready early in the morning. 6:45 bus stop.


Katherine didn't need to be up this morning, but when I went to the bus stop with V to take a picture, V spotted her! "Um, mom, you might need to get Katherine. She is in the DeWees's driveway. Yes! This little princess was our first child to escape the house and take a stroll down the street without telling anyone. She was in her pjs with crocs and a backpack on. Ready for a fun day with her friends, I guess! I tried not to laugh about it because it really was serious and potentially very dangerous. It was pretty funny though and I snuck a picture! I think she knows to never do it again. We had a long safety talk after we got back inside!

The boys seemed slightly nervous, but also excited to see their friends. 
5th grader

1st grader!
Katherine's 1st days of preschool and Joy School are coming soon!
I think what happened next can be considered crazy. Christian missed his bus because it came 17 minutes before the schedule said. Then, I was in a panic because I had all of the donuts, milk, and juice for a PTA "Who's New?" breakfast. I couldn't possibly get Grant on the bus and Christian to school in time and be set up for everyone in time. So... on the phone I called the PTA president to see if I could drop off the breakfast things and Grant with her at Carrollton. She was a HUGE help to me! Then, I whizzed to Westside to drop of Christian and got back just in time to smile and say welcome at the breakfast! It was a wee bit stressful. I knew it would be and had things planned out like clockwork. I even picked up the donuts and filled the cooler before 6 in the morning to be sure the 1st morning would be smooth. Oh well. It was crazy, but it worked out!

We are anticipating a great, but crazy, year. When I plan for a bit of crazy, I won't be as disappointed or surprised when it happens!

No comments: