Saturday, June 28, 2008

Danny's swim race in the James

a pre-race photo
the cute fans
Unfortunately my camera battery died and I only got a couple shots in. I think Kattia, my sister-in-law, got a bunch of other pictures though. Bobby swam in the race too. He and Danny are both training for a full Ironman triathlon in November. This race was a mile swim on the James in conjunction with the X-terra games. Danny had only been swimming 4 times before this, so he didn't know how he would do. He did well though and got even 3rd place in his age group. He thought it was a good experience, but knows that he will need to fit in a little more swimming before the triathlon. The triathlon starts with a 2.5 mile open water swim. The kids had fun playing with their cousins during the race. In fact, we were having so much fun that we missed Danny swim in! I felt like the most horrible wife ever, but honestly the swimmers all looked pretty much alike in their green swim caps and we couldn't really read the numbers from where we were. I'll try harder next time. As for Danny, he did great and felt completely fine afterwards!


No comments: