Monday, July 7, 2008

Victoria loves to see the Temple and did a great job on her first talk!


Victoria gave her first talk in Primary on Sunday, June 29. She has given a scripture and said the prayer before, but had never given the talk. When asked, she enthusiastically said she would. She was excited and helped decide what she would say. I asked her why she loved to see the temple and she came up with three reasons. When we practiced it she said that she felt the Holy Ghost and knew that it was good.

On the big day, Daddy came to listen and I held her visual aid and helped her remember what to say. She felt a little nervous, but I reminded her about how she had felt the night before when we practiced it and told her that the spirit could help her to feel comfortable and ready to give the talk. She started. This was her talk.

"One of my family's favorite songs is "I Love to See the Temple." This is true for me. I love to see the temple because 1.) it is a special place to go as a family. 2.)My parents and my grandparents and some of my aunts and uncles were sealed in the temple. 3.) I want to get married there too. I know that the temple is a peaceful and holy place. I want to make good choices so that I will be worthy to go there one day. In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen"

She did a great job and we were very proud of her!

3 comments:

Susan said...

Came across your blog from Crystal Jones...don't know if you remember me...I'm Susan Dixon...you would remember me as Susan Olmstead. Danny and I were in the same ward a long time ago. Your kids are adorable and you guys look like your doing great! Email me if you want...
ne1other@hotmail.com

Pikula's said...

Congratulations Victoria. I remember how scared she was before in primary she is really growing up fast!! Congratulations on the one on the way...we have a blog too now so we can all keep in touch!! Amy!!
http://dapikulafamily.blogspot.com/

Lambert the Sheepish Lions said...

Awe!!!! That is so great! What a cutie.

You two are such awesome parents!!