Sunday, April 12, 2009

Happy Road Trip!

Spring Break! Yippee! Danny and V were home for the week and we took a trip to the Poconos in Pennsylvania. It was kinda random, but we had lots of fun.

The first day was mainly driving, but the kids did pretty well and slept a lot on the way.


Victoria and Christian helped entertain Grant.





His favorite monster helped too. Thank you again, Cameron!



After a 5+ hour drive with only one stop, we got to Shawnee and checked in. We were planning to stay in a little hotel room, but instead stayed in a little villa. (Free, might I add. Ask me about it.) We were excited to get there and look around. The kids were impressed and Danny and I were too. 3 beds, 3 full baths, a kitchen, living room, laundry room etc. Very convenient and so much easier than a hotel. It was nice to move all of our food from a cooler to a fridge and then serve lunch on real plates instead of paper.

By the way, homemade oreos... so easy and so delicious. Let's ignore the "so not healthy" part. We were on vacation, people. "This is not a hotel, this is a house." Pretty much a condo or townhouse.

Then we played in the indoor pool for a long time! We hadn't been in a pool since last summer, so it was a blast playing in the water. Initially Grant wasn't so sure about it, but warmed up to it and even started kicking as I pulled him around. Poor kid has such sensitive skin though. His skin did not respond well to the pool water despite bathing immediately upon getting out. Spotted baby boy.

Can't believe I didn't get any pictures of the best part of the day!f I guess it was a bit new and tricky supervising 3 in the pool. Plus, we thought we might swim again the next day. So I planned to take some then. Procrastinating Brooke.

Stay tuned for more vacation posts. Trust me they will be much more COLORFUL!

3 comments:

KaseyQ said...

Brooke, that sounds like fun! Was it a timeshare pitch? If you guys want we can get you a free weekend at Massanutten too- I don't know if I mentioned that to you. For Spring Break I took the kids to my mom's house in WV- long trip, but such a fun time! They loved spending time with their grandparents and the horses. Wish I'd gotten more pics, but I look forward to seeing more of yours!

Ioana said...

That looks like a lot of fun! Besides the flying part, I am so excited for our trip to VA/NC in July! I hope we get to see you guys on the 4th at the Dell!

Sarah Weiss said...

What fun trip. So how did you get the free night?