Tuesday, December 1, 2015

The Activity Day Girls Sweet as Pie Activity

We have had a recognition night each November for the past couple years. This year the girls helped decide on a theme. Somehow we landed on pie. I have never helped plan a pie themed activity, but was up for the challenge. This is what I came up with.

The invitation

We invited the girls, their families, the Primary presidency, and the Bishopric.

The week before I gave the girls a paper to help them prepare. I am cutting and pasting that below. (If you happen to come upon this because you are an activity day girls leader feel free to copy. This is not what my blog is usually about, but I copy a lot of other people's ideas and this is a new one that others may enjoy. Please just comment below if you would like me to help by sending the documents or if you would like me to edit the invitation and send you a jpeg or pdf.)

Let’s give our families and leaders a slice of Activity Day Girls!

You girls are as sweet as pie! Really, you are awesome! We are excited to celebrate 
you and your achievements! We look forward to hearing you sing. Please remember 
to practice  “Choose the Right.” Also, please prepare by filling out this paper to use 
as a guideline for when you tell about yourself and about the Faith in God program. 
Lastly, please bring a pie to share for dessert! Thanks for your help in planning! I 
have never been to a pie night before, but it sounds awesome!

What kind of “sweetie pie” are you? Please tell about yourself and some of 
your best ingredients (the things that make you, you). 

The Activity  Day girls program is sweet because…..
Examples-My favorite goal was…. My favorite activity was… I love being with my 
friends because….

The gospel is sweet because….(Share a brief testimony if you would like!)




They did a great job! Our group is a lot smaller than it was at the beginning of the year. We had 14 girls this year and are down to 5, but only 3 were able to make it that night.

Sis. Fountain welcomed everyone to our special evening and shared a story from the Friend magazine, Sweeter than Pie  . (Seriously, I was so excited to find that!) The girls sang a song that we learned the month before(Choose the Right), each spoke about their accomplishments, then I gave a year-in-review type summary of some of our fun activities and gave them a preview of what is in store. Then, we invited the families to play a few fun games with us. 

At the end, we enjoyed the awesome pies they brought!
I wish I had taken a picture of the set up and all the pretty pies. Lindsay brought a cute chalkboard pennant banner that we hung below the table. The centerpieces were vases filled with popcorn kernals and pictures of the girls in activities throughout the year. In front was a cornacopia overflowing with delicious goodies. The girls and everyone attending took home an adorable slice of pie sugar cookie that Lindsay made with a quote from Pres. Uchtdorf. 

“There is one thing we can do to make life sweeter, more joyful, even glorious. We can be grateful!”

No comments: