Thursday, March 29, 2018

Prepping for a Fun Run

I volunteered to help with a Fun Run at Yowell. The school really had to do more than I did to get this thing going, but I was the lead parent volunteer. Honestly, the fun run company, Boosterthon, did the majority of the work, but I was able to keep busy before and after the run. 
hanging posters,

sorting and delivering t shirts for the students and teachers,

meeting with "Awesome Andrew" and his team and the Awesome Administration (I am being funny, but they really are amazing!)

taking pictures at the events,

helping with set up/cleanup, etc.

It was fun to come watch the kids have fun. The Boosterthon team was really energetic and exciting and the kids really got into it!

It was fun to see some of their character lessons about characteristics such as...


I also got to keep track of pledges online- how much was pledged and even where the pledges came from. FYI, both the thermometer and the map filled up!


No comments: