Wednesday, August 9, 2017

First Day of School 2017

Victoria- Freshman at Culpeper County High School

Christian- 7th grader at Culpeper Middle School


 Grant- 3rd grade at Yowell Elementary School

Katherine- Kindergarten at Yowell Elementary School


Because Danny had to be extra early on the first day of school he was already gone. We had an hour drive, so we had to wake up really early. Waking up super early and the first day of school was a little too much for Katherine. It was very sad because she was not herself. She didn't know how to articulate her feelings, but she was definitely worried, sad, mad, and anxious. It broke by heart. We talked it up the best we could and she was a little better by the time they got out of the car.

I went to the YMCA in Spotsylvania (even though it was an hour away) because it filled my day and day and distracted me from being all alone in a new town on my youngest child's first day of kindergarten. I then drove around the town of Culpeper and aimlessly walked through stores (knowing that I wouldn't be buying anything because I didn't have a home to put anything) for a couple hours.  I was really proud of myself for maintaining composure that day and keeping positive. FYI, I did this routine for a couple weeks. Although I sometimes scrolled on my phone in a parking lot, ate fast food in my car, and walked at the local park. Oh yeah, I drove back to Bobby and Kattia's house a couple days and they were out and about, so I took a nap. It was lonely and hard and I may have cried into my salad in a parking lot once. I joined a few facebook groups and dropped some hints such as, "If anyone wants to meet up for lunch..." and "Does anyone have a project that they want help with? I'm available!" It hurt my feelings that people didn't really respond, but I knew it wasn't personal. I will say that I was so thankful for Cathy Pruett, a new friend from church, who invited me over one day! She really brightened my day and I think she is awesome! I also went to lunch with a new friend from the Culpeper ward, Katie Derby, one day. That was really fun. I enjoyed getting to know her too.

Back to the 1st day, when I picked the kids up, everyone was relatively happy! 






Katherine was exhausted though and definitely fell asleep on the way home.

She even transferred onto the mattress in Camila's room. 

She was ready to take her 1st day pictures that afternoon when she woke up! Thank goodness!






I am thankful it went well!

No comments: