Sunday, August 20, 2017

V's 14th Birthday Weekend

Victoria really wanted to go to the river house for her birthday! She loves the it there! She loves the water, her family, her Grandma and Grandpa, and she also wanted to see her friend, JT.

We wanted to give Bobby and Kattia some privacy too. They have been so so kind to us in letting us stay there for such a huge chunk of their summer!

The younger two kids on the way...


 Thankful to be there! Thanks, Mom and Dad! We have often discussed why we love the river house so much. Obviously, the setting is beautiful and peaceful and fun. We love being relaxed and with the family. The thing I was thinking though, and this could be a surprise, is that it may feel more like a home to us than some of our houses because it has always been part of my kids' lives. We have moved a lot of times and so those are homes that we can't go back to, but the grandparents' houses (on both sides) have remained the same. The familiarity feels comforting. 
 Paddling action.
 Mudpies...
 The perfect day...
 V put together a cute little gift for a boy who makes her smile!
 His birthday is the day before hers.
 She got to give it to him at church in Kilmarnock.

After church she opened presents and had brownies and mint chocolate chip ice cream.
 new belts
 bath bombs
 a cute shower cap and wrap
 new flat iron

And JT gave her a present...
 She loves it!
 We tried to take a cute pic with her balloon by the water, but it was a bit windy.

Grant and Kate wanted "in" on the photoshoot though.

(Victoria wore this dress at the river house when she was a little girl too! It was a favorite from Grandma that I saved)

I think I have pointed this out a time or two, but I want to be clear, Christian isn't in as many pictures as the other kids because he is not a huge fan of  pictures. I respect or understand that because I don't like to be in pictures a lot of the time either. However, I hope it is clear that I love him dearly.

When we got back to Stafford, Megan and Camila had a party for V too! She is so blessed with those close cousins! I can't find the pictures- I hope I will and if I do I will add them. I am pretty sure that they made cookie ice cream sandwiches, which were amazing! Such a fun surprise!

V had a great birthday weekend!

No comments: