Sunday, September 14, 2008

Coming Home!

I always feel like the car ride home from the hospital with a new baby is kinda dreamy. It's not because I don't enjoy the hospital stay- I actually do. It's so calm there. I think it is because I feel so thankful to be bringing a new baby home to our family. Grant's first car ride was no exception. It just feels magical to me. Danny and my first dance song even played on the radio. I asked Danny if it was a cd. He said, "No, but that would have been a romantic idea. You would have thought that was so cheesy. Wait... would you have liked that? You would have! You mock that sort of thing, but like it too." I think he's figuring me out... sometimes. Anyway, here are the pics.



His cheeks look like Elder Holland's in this pic. It's so funny how babies often look like old men.
Safe driver! Note the Dora cup and a sippy cup in the front. With 3 car seats our van is totally screaming "Whoa, big family!"
I love him! Can you tell?
Showing some evidence to our neighbors that he's here- an "It's a boy!" flag on our car and a welcome Grant sign on the door.

Danny carrying our little guy in.

Grant was still in his car seat sleeping when Christian and my mom came home. They had been eating lunch with Victoria at her school. Christian ran right up to see his brother and tried so hard to be gentle with him. We were proud of Christian for his efforts in self-control. V came home just a couple hours later and couldn't have made it back from the bu stop any faster! We were all glad to be together!

2 comments:

Janelle said...

Great pictures and narrative of all the exciting events! We're bummed we are not there to meet Grant, but we really enjoyed seeing all the pictures of that cute little guy. He'll be so big when we get to meet him! I hope you all get settled in okay, what a fun change in your family!

Ioana said...

I love the Elder Holland's cheeks!:) So cute! And Brooke, you look great! Can't even tell you just had a baby!
Also, thank you for the comments on my blog. I am so glad we're able to keep in touch like this.