Saturday, March 7, 2009

Tacky food

The next few entries will be about a Tacky Party that I planned with the help of the Activities Committee at church. It was so easy and so much fun to plan! So, basically we invited everyone to dress tacky and bring something tacky to eat. Not too many people were able to make it, but I think that those who came had fun! I did. (By the way, Danny wanted to come too, but had to stay home with Christian. He has had the flu and still had a fever last night. He didn't today, but we didn't want to expose the other kids in the nursery since it hadn't been 24 hours yet.)
Yummmm! Tacky potluck!
Tacky food isn't normally too healthy, but it was good. People were pretty creative about what they brought. So, it was funny to look at everything.

Cereal and milk, 2000 Jello, Desert-PB and chocolate chips sandwiches.

I always love a fly swatter centerpiece.



Popcorn and Cheetos

Tater tot casserole and PBJs with toothpicks
Salisbury Steak
Not photographed were packaged cookies opened before we ate, Ramen Noodles, Hardee's fried chicken, Cheetos and more! Of course we drank Kool Aid and used mismatched paper products.




2 comments:

Ioana said...

This looks like a loft of fun. I have never heard of tacky food.:)

KaseyQ said...

Brooke, I really wish we could have come! Chad's sister's baby got blessed yesterday, and since it was at 9am in Charlottesville we decided to spend Sat night at Chad's parents' house.

Hmm...tacky food. I think I might have gone healthy and brought bananas. I once had a friend in charge of refreshments after Institute and he brought them, and we were all like, bananas? He goes, "They're nature's candy." He was an odd one. ;-)