Saturday, October 24, 2009

We are buying a new home in Farmville

and here it is....
Despite being kinda sad about moving in 3 weeks, I am starting to feel pretty excited about the new house! It took us quite a bit of looking and a little stretching, but we think that it paid off. It is a really nice home and will be great for our family! All the bedrooms are on the same floor, it has a basement and a garage, has a nice yard, and is in a fantastic neighborhood! The previous owners were the builder and his wife. He built the home for his family in the early 50s. It has some really neat closets and built in storage which I love! Organization doesn't come so naturally to me, but I really appreciate it and strive for it. I like for everything to have a "home" and this house is great when it comes to storage. Some rooms need some updating, but the kitchen was recently remodeled and looks great. I'll post inside pictures as we work on each room. I'll do before and after pics. But the best way to see it is to come visit! Everyone is welcome!

11 comments:

Lorel said...

That house looks great! I can't wait to stop by and check it out in person! Congratulations!

Ioana said...

Congrats!!! The house looks great and I'm so excited to see inside pics!

KitKate said...

Congrats! I love the house... it looks just right for your family. Can't wait to see it. Love the yard too!

Janelle said...

Very cool guys! It looks fabulous. I'm so happy you sold your house and found a new one and all is falling into place. I bet you'll be very happy once you are all settled in! We can't wait to see it and all the cute touches you'll add to it. We hope everyone is feeling better!

Sarah Weiss said...

It's beautiful. I love New England. The architecture there is so beautiful and timeless.

Brooke Soderholm (crazysodfam) said...

Thanks guys! It is actually still in VA, a small town in the country about an hour away.

The Cushing Family said...

Congratulations! That is so exciting! It is a beautiful home. It totally reminds of a traditional home back East. We sure miss living back there. I love to see how much your kiddos are growing up. Good Luck with the big move!!

The Henrich Family said...

it's beautiful Brooke! Missing you. Good luck with moving...let's talk soon.

Terry said...

Your house is beautiful! That's great that the builder built it for his own family. I'm sure he built it really nice! Congratulations!

granmaclayton said...

Congratulations on the house. It looks like a great place for your family to grow up. Maybe we can visit after Buckingham meetings.

Paige said...

Great house! I want to come visit already!