Wednesday, June 16, 2010

School's out for the summer!

Victoria is glad that school is out for the summer. She loves school, but she is ready to play! When she got off the bus she was excited to show me the contents of her backpack. Specifically, she was excited about math and reading awards and 2 new books for summer reading! One book, was a magic tree house book and was from her teacher. The other was an Amelia Bedelia book from the PTA. She was excited about both of them. So, thanks!
 
We wanted to celebrate school being out, so we invited a few other first graders (or should I say  second graders) and their families over for backyard fun and root beer floats. It was impromptu and easy going.
The kids enjoyed running around, hitting baseballs, and just playing together. I didn't get pictures of everyone, but there were 13 cute kids running around.

 
Elise, Kirstyn, Jen, Courtney, Sarah, and I had fun preparing the floats, talking, and watching the kids. Danny, Jeff, and Jeff, played horseshoes. I never knew we had horseshoes, but apparently we do and they seemed to enjoy them.
 
One of the cutest things that happened that night was this little concert. About half of the kids sang and jammed out to their own unique interpretation of "Schools out for summer!" It was cute.

By the way, Christian has a little crush on the guitar player in the dress, Carrington. He must have a thing for curly haired blondes. He hasn't forgotten Laurie, but is glad to have found Carrington too I guess. She really is cute and I love her sense of style. She is his age and will be going to kindergarten this fall too. They play together at the Y a lot and greet each other with big hugs.

Another by the way, the wood paneling in the background (yes, the famous paneling with deer and rabbits and such), will be painted by the end of the summer! I promise! I'll post a before and after! It should be dramatic!

1 comment:

Ioana said...

So much fun! I love how big your backyard is!