Thursday, June 17, 2010

Yard Sale/Lemonade Stand

The Livingstons, some of our favorite friend here are moving to Utah in a couple weeks. Liz wanted to have a yard sale before they left, but didn't think their house would be the best location, so we decided to do one together here. It wasn't too much work or preparation. We talked about it a couple weeks prior. We never put it in the newspaper or on craigslist or anything. We just made signs the night before around midnight- yes, Liz and I are similar that way. And hung them up around town around 1:00 am. We were so slap happy by that point. It was funny. Oh, and I just pulled stuff  to sell together the night before too. Danny was not very happy with me for this brilliant idea.

So, getting up was a challenge. However, I knew it wouldn't be fair for Danny and Shane to do all the work, so I forced myself out of bed and got myself and the kids ready to go outside. The posted start time was 7 and Danny and Shane weren't alone out there for too long. 

The kids had fun with it. Oh, I lied, we did prepare a little because I helped V make a sign for their lemonade stand earlier in the week. She did a good job with it. Christian thought it would be fun to keep a tally of how many customers they had. It was a cute idea. Dennis helped too, he just didn't want to be in the picture.


The men worked hard. Really- moving all the big stuff was probably the biggest pain. They got to sit a bit too. Victoria took all of these pictures and I think they are awesome. They are complete with a random, yet nice looking, yard sale shopper in the background. So fun.
Grant loved spending the morning outside, eating cookies, strolling through and touching the goods, and sitting on a sofa in the driveway. Different shirt due to throwing up on the first one- too much cookie in his mouth at a time.
And last, but not least, my partner in crime. Another picture courtesy of Victoria. I am going to miss Liz when they move! It has been so fun to have another spontaneous, last minute, late night friend around.

No comments: