Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Colorado Trip: Time with Matt's Family

How could I go to Colorado and not see Matt's family? I wouldn't! After a few days with the girls, my brother, Matt, picked me up in Colorado Springs. We had a fun afternoon visititing the Olympic Training Center.
  
We had fun looking around, taking a tour, and watching some boxing (men's and women's).
I took a picture of where the wrestlers train for Danny.
 
Then we went to Garden of the Gods and walked around. The rock formations were really cool.
That night we met up with Janelle and the kids, went to dinner at Applebees, then went to a nearby amusement park. It was really fun to watch the kids ride and have fun there.

The next day we went to storytime at the library, a picnic in Evergreen (where they used to live), and a soccer scrimage for Donovan's team.
Nice header, Donovan!
Howie was an agressive player and didn't feel at all intimidated by the older guys.

Before they dropped me off at the airport to fly home, we stopped at the air force academy which was neat.
 I had a great time with Matt's family and was glad to see their home and town and a gllimpse of their lives there. It was a fantastic trip and I was glad to have a chance to go. Thanks everybody!

1 comment:

The Cushing Family said...

It's so fun to see your pics from Colorado Springs. We lived near some of the sights you went to. It sure makes me miss Colorado. Glad to see you had a great time!