Friday, April 29, 2011

Reading fun!

Christian finished his reading chart and is working on #2 now. He made this goal a while ago to do the hooked on phonics through second grade by the end of kindergarten and we hadn't worked on it for a while, so I told him "I think you can read all of the books  for the kindergarten level. Let's work on grade levels 1 and 2." He wanted to truly accomplish the goal though, so that was a good idea. He whizzed through them and then declared, "Remember we were supposed to go get ice cream when I finished!" We went to Merks for ice cream together, just he and I, to celebrate his accomplishment. Then we took a fun walk around Wilke's Lake. It was a fun afternoon with Christian! We need to work on the next chart a lot in the next few weeks! Only 1 month left of school!

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

The Henrich Family said...

way to go Christian! Wish I could have you read a book to me. Congratulations on making your goal. I am so proud of you.