Saturday, October 12, 2019

Light the Night

We went to a really cool fundraising event in Richmond to support the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. Danny was with Christian at a cross country meet in Williamsburg. It was a great night to raise awareness, show support, and raise reseach funds for blood cancers. My mom set up a team in my dad's honor. We raised money for weeks prior to the event and appreciated all of the support and love from friends and family! People were so kind and generous. Light the Night was a very well done event. We had a lot of fun and felt a lot of feelings, my favorite of which was hope for a cure! We hope that my dad and other survivors will be able to participate next year.



We have hated what Lymphoma has done to my dad, but are so proud of all that he has overcome already. We are so thankful for the possibility of a cure and recovery and are praying for him everyday.

Coach Ford is our friend from Farmville who recently moved here to Culpeper to be the football coach at CCHS. Unfortunately, he had a devastating diagnosis of Leukemia this summer. We also thought of him and his family.

My beautiful sister-in-law, Leah Soderholm, died of a complication from Leukemia treatment. We love her and miss her and definitely thought of her as well.


My strong mom and daughter

The group of walkers! It was so sweet of Scott and Kristen and Mary and Bob to come too. A few of my parents friends, Kathy Stockton, Amy and Dave Fisher came too. Another friend from their church came to support my mom and dad, and also to walk in remembrance of her mother who passed away from one of these blood cancers.

It really was a special event and we were glad to be a part.

No comments: