Wednesday, December 30, 2020

Christmas Eve at a Park 2020

Another non-traditional celebration is better than no celebration!

Grandpa was still in the hospital and Grandma didn't feel right about leaving him to celebrate.  We still thought that the cousins should be able to exchange gifts and see each other, so we thought pizza at a park behind the hospital so mom could come out for a bit would be perfect! Unfortunately, there were people at the one right behind the hospital, so we went to the one behind James River instead. Also pretty close. It wound up working. Grandma was able to slip away for just a little bit to be with us for a brief time. 


 








I love my family. Every time we get together, I wish that Matt and his family could be there too, but I am glad that they have family near them too and am glad that we get to see each other in the summer. We all missed my dad/ grandpa and were so sad that he was so sick, reacting so poorly to his medicine, and not able to be with us.  

I realized that I hadn't made my favorite wreath cookies yet, so made some holly cookies (with the wrong green food coloring). Again different is still ok.



 
The kids threw carrots for the reindeer.

They also put out cookies and treats for Santa.


 What a treat!

No comments: