Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Christian's 4th of July (in September) Parade

Christian and his fellow kindergartners have been learning about America, the American flag, and the fourth of July. On Friday they had a fun "Fourth of July" celebration.
 
Mrs. Hodge's Class
r

There's our guy!
Christian thought it was a pretty big deal to wear red and blue and march in a parade sporting  a hat that he made and shaking a shaker that he constructed.
Isn't he cute?
Grant and I had fun watching the parade. Grant wanted to join in and almost did!
 Afterward, the kids got to eat the coolest flag cake ever! Too bad I wasn't quicker to take the picture. As you can see though, the thing was sweet!
 
It was a fun day and I was glad to be able to be a part!

2 comments:

macylee36 said...

It sounds like Christian is loving kindergarten! I hope you get a little more you time now :)

Brooke Soderholm (crazysodfam) said...

Thanks! He is loving it. I am having fun with Grant. The time that I used to have one on one time with Christian, during Grant's nap, is now used for PTA, MOPS, or Relief Society. I got called a few weeks ago to be the RS president. So, there is always something to do. But, I've always liked to be busy even though it stresses me out too. I'm nuts!