Thursday, September 2, 2010

First Day of School


We started the day with Father's Blessings. I am thankful for a husband who can bless the kids and help them to have a good school year, to feel confident, and the be happy.

 
Christian was really excited to go. He looks a little nervous in the first picture, but I don't recall that. I think he was just anxious to get in the car and go!
 
My big kindergartner!
 
Grant wanted to get in on the pics too. And the baby too apparently.
 
My big second grader. V and I had a girls night out not to long ago where she got to pick out an outfit. This is what she chose. She looks so pretty in pink.

 I drove the kids to school. A friend, Maria, and I are carpooling now, but the first day we just took our kids. It allows about 45 minutes longer at home in the morning to not ride the bus.


V walked Christian to his class. She does everyday.  Christian thinks that she is treating him like a baby, but it is on the way to her class.
Grant and I had a good day that day. He was having his nap while I was waiting for the bus. Around the time I was expecting the bus, a mean barking dog showed up in our yard. I tried yelling "shoo" and "go away" but nothing worked. V is afraid of unfamiliar dogs and I was worried. This one really seemed mean growling at me and stuff. I said a prayer that it would go away before the kids got home. I made a backup plan to get in the car and pull into my neighbor's driveway so they could jump in. It would not have been ideal. Anyway, it finally ran away and then the bus pulled up!  I was so thankful- I really was worried that it would have bitten somebody.




I love this little sequence of them running off the bus and ready to give me hugs.

It looks like they were happy about their first day
.
Christian got a "Great First Day" certificate and held up his bus drawing. I like  that he added windshield wipers.
 
V didn't seem to mind doing her homework
. 
And neither did Christian. He had to read a book and draw his favorite part. I thought his memory was pretty accurate, so here are the two pictures.

Here's to a great school year!

2 comments:

Ioana said...

Good luck in the new school year! Christian draws so well! And I'm glad that you get 45 more minutes every morning with the kids. Every minute is so precious!

Mom said...

Great drawing and coloring!