Thursday, September 2, 2010

Getting ready for school

We had a get ready for school party the night before school started. It was just the kids and I, but it was fun.


 
We had "get ready for school" races.
 
We ate "after school snacks." Thank you, Pillsbury.
 
We read some school themed books.
And we sang the wheels on the bus, especially for Grant. 

I was a mess that weekend thinking about the kids going to school. I was especially sad that I wouldn't get to play with Christian during Grant's naps everyday anymore like we did when V was in K and 1st grades. Summer is fun and even though I sometimes get stressed out or lose patience with the kids, I love them and prefer to have them home with me. At the same time, I feel strongly that school is important for them.Our mini party was fun and helped us feel more excited for school starting the next day!

2 comments:

Lorel said...

you are such a fun mom! You are always doing special celebrations for your kids. Maybe I'll be like you someday :)

Mom said...

Glad for a happy and successful 1st week! You sure did some nice, fun things!