Sunday, November 14, 2010

Halloween 2010

We finally got around to carving pumpkins on Halloween after church.
Victoria loves pulling out the guts! Christian and Grant, on the other hand, will not.
 
 Dad helped Christian carve a really cool skull.
I helped Grant, but he really kept his cute little hand right on my hand, so he definitely helped. He was pretty proud of it.
We all thought that the walking stick we found on our garage was pretty neat. See, God has a sense of humor.
 Victoria's first jack-o-lantern carved without help! I think those pumpkin carving knives really made easier and safer for her.
Christian's scary pumpkin
Getting ready to trick or treat with friends!
 
We totally had a blast this October. It was fun going trick-or-treating in our neighborhood with the Toneys and Stephanie and Faith. We met up with a few other friends on the way too. People really made it a big deal with neat decorations and props and music and mist and such. A lot of people come from all over the county to the Greens and the Avenues because the houses are within walking distance. I am totally glad about that. I think kids should be able to trick or treat and we like to give out candy and see everybody. The only problem was that a lot of cars just drive from house to house and it makes it a little scary/frustrating for the walking folk. It was fun though. People told us that we would have a lot of trick or treaters and we totally did! We think between 250 and 300. We started giving 2 out at the end and maybe Danny and I ate a few Reese's cups too, so we couldn't tell for sure.
And, as a couponer, I have to brag. I got 5 big bags of  candy- the good stuff- for 11 dollars out of pocket and came out with 10 in UPS too. I did lose some ECBs, but that's ok.  That was under the 11.99 price of 1 of the bags. I used coupons and went to 3 stores to do it, but really, I was not about to spend over 50 dollars on candy and didn't want to run out either. Yes, I am a nerd.
Hope you had a happy Halloween! 

No comments: