Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Coming home!

On Saturday we were able to bring Katherine home.We were excited to take Katherine home, but at the same time I cried because I was a little nervous to leave the hospital. Even though it wasn't my favorite hospital experience, it was easy. It is pretty easy to only have to care for 1 baby and I was worried to have to go back to taking care of 3 kids and a baby. Danny felt like I could do it though. So, I appreciated his confidence. Plus, I knew I'd have help if I needed it.

Just a few cute Katherine pictures that I took before we left.





such a sweet little bundle, huh?

Then we dressed her in some real clothes and got ready to go.







She is so tiny, but we knew she would be at birth, so we had a couple little tiny newborn outfits ready for her.
She's ready to roll!

She slept straight through the car ride. I always think that the car-ride home is kinda magical and thought so this time too. Isn't she so sweet?

We actually didn't go straight home. We went to my parents house where the boys were. We stayed there for a few hours. Then, Danny and the guys went to pick up Victoria from a half-way point from Bobby's house. Bass Pro Shops- pretty fun. So they had a good time there, then came back for us.

Then, we all headed back to Farmville. 

When we got there we were greeted by this sweet balloon from the Hamiltons.

and a present for each of the kids from our friends, the Magills. That was so thoughtful of them to give gifts to the older siblings and made them feel really good!

Grant fell asleep in the car, so Danny toted him upstairs first, but here we are... home with baby Katherine.

Katherine enjoyed her night at home in her pack n' play bassinet by mom and dad's bed. (Let's be honest, she really preferred being in mom's arms most of the night, but I was totally ok with that! Newborns don't stay newborns forever and I want to savor this special time. )

1 comment:

Mom said...

So adorable! Glad we got to be a part of all the excitement!