Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Katherine:Day 2

V with Katherine. 
My parents brought the boys too, but after waiting forever to see her they had to go. Long story short, the hospital ran out of rooms on the maternity floor, so I never got one. After waiting many hours the night before I was finally shuffled to pediatrics. (That explains all the waiting to meet Katherine the day she was born). It was a pretty big pain because the nursery was on another floor and it overfull and understaffed. Because it was on another floor we couldn't just walk down to the nursery to get her. So, I mainly just kept her in the room with me. However, there were a few times when they needed to check her out, give her hearing test, etc. Well, those times took forever. I'll save my rant, because we were blessed with a healthy beautiful baby and really all is well. I think it sufficeth to say though, that the hospital stay (after labor and delivery) was not great.

Moving on.

Uncle Bobby came to meet Katherine! Afterward he took V to their house for Camila's baptism the next day. I was really sad to miss it, but like I have said, I feel extremely confident that Katherine was born when she needed to be born. I truly feel that there would have been a problem had I not been induced. 

Victoria was excited to spend time with her cousins and to be a part of Camila's big day.

Katherine in her bassinet with pictures from her siblings. A little family tradition.

Katherine and Geemaw
 
 Yawning Katherine and Papa

They came straight from the airport. They had just been in California visiting Leah and Patrick and their kids. They had never met Rorik before, so they were able to meet 2 grandkids in 1 week- Rorik(around 6 months), then Katherine. They were pretty excited.

Katherine with Lorel and Ella. Ella held her too! Craig and Issac came too, but they had colds, so didn't want to risk getting her sick which we appreciated. Danny had fun taking Issac to get some treats at the lounge down the hall. It was nice of them to come all the way from Charlottesville in spite of Lorel's morning sickness, the long drive, and the boys' colds.

I still loved holding her. Thanks Lorel for taking this picture.

1 comment:

Lorel said...

What a perfect baby girl! We were so happy to see her. Cant wait to my hands on that little baby again!!!