Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Katherine's Arrival!!!

Notice the date and plan? We woke up bright and early on Thursday morning and took the kids to my parent's house in Chesterfield. Then, Danny and I went to Henrico Doctor's Hospital at 9:00 to have our fourth baby! Dr. Dausch broke my water at 9:30. Contractions quickly followed and we were on our way to bringing our baby girl to the world!

My last ever pregnant photo!
Can't say that I will miss 9 months of vomiting, but this was probably my easiest pregnancy. Not sure if that was because I was so distracted by my busy life or if I have just grown accustom or what, but I was thankful. Thank you, Katherine!

She made her appearance at 3:16 and we were oh so happy to meet her!
As a funny note, like all of our babies, Katherine, didn't drop... until about 3:00. She hadn't dropped and I was a 5 or 6, so they tipped me backwards as I requested, head down and legs up. I have had to do that with all 4 kids! So strange. Anyway, after being upside down for 5 minutes I told Danny to get a nurse because I was going to push the baby out- upside down or not. A nurse came in, not mine, but another. She checked and sure enough it was time to push. My doctor just happened to walk through the door to say hello and check on me and we asked her to stay. The timing worked out perfectly. The room wasn't set up yet, but they called a couple nurses in set up as I pushed. Literally no more than 4 pushes later she was here! "Easy peasy," said Dr. Dausch. Thank you to the epidural (and probably working out the whole pregnancy helped too). Things went so perfectly! After so much worry about my heart  and Katherine's health, we were certainly blessed with health.

She was healthy, pink, and crying right way.

What a special little girl!

I loved her right away and was so thankful that she and I both made it through without any difficult medical issues.

Dad was so thankful too!

Can't you just see how proud and happy he is to hold her!?


We thought that it was pretty cute how quickly she found her thumb to suck. Danny got a cute video of that.
  
I could just stare at her all day. Katherine's pretty awesome!

1 comment:

Lorel said...

What a dream delivery!!! Maybe I should start working out so that mine could be at least half that good next time. I LOVE the picture of you feeding her. You look gorgeous!