Sunday, July 21, 2013

September 2012

Another Month post that should probably be 5 different posts.  I am still proud of myself for making the effort to catch up after a year of not posting. 

So, September...the big kids started school the day after Labor Day. I certainly took first day pictures, but I think they may be on one of 2 computers that broke this year. I uploaded most to my picasa web, but I guess there may be a few albums that were not. I hope I will be able to recover them. If not, I think I have a picture or two from the bus stop that I was tagged in. 
  
Victoria went to 4th grade at Westside Elementary and Christian went to 2nd grade at Carrollton Elementary. Victoria's teacher was Mrs. L. Jones and Christian's teacher was Mrs. Harris. We were very fortunate that they both got great teachers! It was frustrating that they split the schools K-3 and 4-6. Two bus-stops and schools 20 mins away from each other got on my nerves. However, they were good schools, so we were blessed. 

On September 10, Grant turned 4!
 We started the day with donuts from one of our amazing local donut shops!
 He was excited about that!
 Then, we had a very casual backyard batman party with some of our new neighbors!


 The dads were evil villains who the kids tied up!
 But Jeremiah (Dr. Freeze) broke away and froze Batman and Robin! 







We spent a lot of our days playing at home. 
 Grant was very good playing with Katherine,
He even shared brownie batter with her (without my knowing.)

One of the most exciting things for Grant was preschool starting back up! We were really fortunate to find some friends to form a co op with. And... we did my favorite pre-school- JOY SCHOOL!

The first day was at the Kemp's house. 
Felicity, Grant, Gavin, and Malia

Another highlight of the month was "Talk like a Pirate day" at Krispy Kreme (in Hampton, but only like 10 min away).






Can you believe that if you dressed like a pirate you got a free dozen?! We had fun delivering boxes of donuts to new friends!
Pretty Sunset picture taken while driving over the JRB that night. That bridge is crazy long and can be a huge headache, but also provides a nice view.
I certainly enjoyed lots of time with Grant and baby Kate when the big kids were at school. I just thought/think she is so so cute, so I took/take lots of pictures of her. She was a super happy, calm, fun baby! 







 Preschool at our house with some of my go to stations...


 and pudding paint!


So fun!

No comments: