Friday, May 13, 2016

Ear troubles


Rough winter for the ears in our family. Katherine, Christian, and I all had ear infection after ear infection or ear infections that wouldn't clear and we had not 1 or 2, but 3 perforated eardrums among us. Yes, I know that is statistically pretty rare, but we have bad eustation tubes that don't drain easily. It hurts like crazy before and while it bursts. I can't say too much without sounding super dramatic, but it is truly excruciating pain right before it burst. It is hard to deal with this sort of pain and terrible to watch your child deal with it. Poor Christian has known this pain way too well by this point. No advice please. He has had 4 ear surgeries and had his adenoids removed. We have all used decongestants, essential oils, allergy medicine, and more to no avail. This was my second perforation since living in Carrollton and I had significant hearing loss from it. In fact, I couldn't hear out of my right ear. It threw off my equilibrium and caused several other issues. It was not normal too because the pain persisted after the burst, which is not usually the case. By about 3 months later, I had to have some assistance from the ENT (2 actually) to help it heal (long story!). Hearing is finally better for all of us! 
t


No comments: