Friday, March 13, 2020

Take Control of what you can!

Today was a teacher workday for Danny. The kids and I stayed home.  I have heard about nearby school districts canceling school for a week or until spring break is over. I decided yesterday, that I would be keeping the kids home from school and everything else to keep them safe, even if our school division does not and even if Danny thinks it would be safe for them to still go. These kids have asthma and I can't imagine them getting sick and struggling to breathe.  I have seen them at the hospital for RSV, pnuemonia, and asthma attacks and I am not taking chances. Danny said that the teachers were going to assemble packets and plan for distance learning. The plan was that they would give them out at school on Monday. However, there was a change of plans. The governor, Ralph Northam, canceled school for 2 weeks. I knew it was coming, but didn't think it would be so soon. Again, I feel good about keeping our kids home. We had a good day today. Now, we need to decide what to do at home in the upcoming weeks.  I like to live intentionally and am coming up with a plan to make the most of our time together. 

Today, I was thankful again for being prepared with the things that we will need, a clean house, and beautiful spring flowers. This may seem silly to some people, but intentionally bringing beauty into my life and designing what I think will be best for my family, brings me great comfort and peace. 
Picking these flowers and bringing them in, reminds me that life is still beautiful and that we can still feel peace, even in uncertain times.




No comments: