Sunday, January 2, 2011

Reindeer Games and Polar Express Day

Christian and Victoria both got to have cool Christmas parties for school this year. I got to plan Christian's class party. Christian's friend Sam's mom and brothers and a friend came to help with the party. It was a reindeer themed party. We talked about real reindeer, made reindeer food that Carrington's mom sent supplies for, sang Rudolph the red nosed reindeer, played Santa Says, played pass the present(like hot potato, but when they were out they got a candy from the gift box), danced Reindeer Pokey, and ate cookies from Emma's mom, and Rudolph cupcakes. I didn't take any pictures of the party, but the kids had a fun time and got to go home with a goody bag from Collin's mom and a little candy cane reindeer that I made. My mom made them for favors for class parties when I was little. I had fun with it and Christian was happy about it too.
 Rudolph cupcakes-(I looked at google images of different reindeer cupcakes and came up with my own version with pretzels, mini nilla wafers, red hots, and brown M&Ms on little drops of almond bark that I melted and dripped onto wax paper ) I am definitely not a fancy or talented cupcake or cake girl, but I am ok with that- they usually work out to look pretty decent and the kids like them anyway.
Christian with the reindeer I made and his goody bag and cup and backpack in the background.

Next, Victoria had Polar Express Day! She looked forward to it for days, but it kept getting postponed because of the snow. They got to wear their PJs to school and read and watch the Polar Express and then have a party. Parents weren't invited, but we all pitched in to bring food- V and I made really good homemade mint oreos. No picture, but they are delicious and pretty simple to make. Anyway, I wasn't there for the party, but Grant and I did visit at lunch time and got one quick picture. I know it didn't turn out too well(everybody wanted to be in the pic), but at least you can see that V and her friends were happy and excited. They enjoyed it! 

No comments: