Sunday, April 12, 2020

Easter Sunday

The kids had a basement sleepover on Saturday night and Katherine woke up first on Easter morning.
Even with Covid- 19, the Easter Bunny was able to come and deliver baskets! We were so glad.



The kids all found their baskets! V found one too, but deleted her picture because she wasn't a fan.

After looking at the goodies, we all had cinnamon rolls for breakfast.

Then, we got ready for church.

We are really enjoying church at home. We sang "He is Risen," "I stand All Amazed," and "I know my Father Lives." We partook of the sacrament. Danny talked about Jesus Christ's Atonement and Resurrection and we all shared our testimonies. It was very spiritual and encouraging as a parent to hear that our children love the Lord and the gospel. 

Sod fam Easter selfie

We set the table for lunch. I enjoyed clipping some new flowers that I hadn't even brought inside before. Dogwoods are perfect for Easter and the Lilacs smell amazing! 

At 10, we enjoyed  Zoom with the Soderholms.
We had a nice Easter dinner! It was super nice because the kids made everything previously, so all I had to do was bake the casseroles and heat the ham. They did a great job. It was good!
I enjoyed watching Andea Bocelli's Easter concert.

We had another good zoom with the Marshalls at 2:30.

For the rest of the afternoon, things were pretty chill. 
Danny did his normal trick with the Robin's eggs.


Katherine and Grant got in on that too. 
They played a new game that Grant got called Bet You Can't. Christian played XBox with some friends. Victoria watched some Bringing Up Bates. I talked on the phone to my mom for a while too.


Danny and I had a nice walk in the evening. I love this redbud that looks so pretty against the green grass.

We missed physically going to church and being able to celebrate with the extended family, but we still had a good day together here and we were still able to celebrate the Savior in a  meaningful way.

No comments: