Sunday, May 10, 2009

Army crawling Grant

I haven't written a Grant post in quite a while. He is a huge focus of my life and I take tons of pictures of him, so not sure what has been taking me so long. Here are a few things that he has learned in the past few months. He learned to roll the day before he was 5 months old. Finally. He is a total Roley poly now. Then, the week before he was 6 months old someone asked if he could sit by himself. We said let's see and he could! He grew in two teeth this month and also has learned to get around another way. Here are a few pictures to show you.


Watch this, mom!




I've got my eye on the goal!

Reach!

You did it, Grant!

He has a difficult time getting his belly up to crawl, but figured out a different way to move where he wants to go. It is kinda a combination of an army crawl and an inch worm. He likes the new found independence. He loves this lacrosse stick- I think it is the contrasting colors. He also loves to crawl for dangerous things like cords or keys or small toys. This is a stage when he definitely needs lots of supervision. He will be 8 months old on Mother's Day! I can't believe how quickly the time has gone. He is still such a good calm baby. He is a pretty big Mama's boy, so we will have to make sure that that doesn't turn into a problem. But for now I will just be flattered and be sure to give him to other people from time to time so that a huge separation anxiety problem doesn't start. I love him so much and am totally glad to be this little guy's mom.

1 comment:

Paige said...

I can't believe how big he's getting!