Sunday, May 12, 2019

Mother's Day

I had a terrific Mother's Day this year- so much better than my birthday. I was clear; "I would like to visit my mom. I would like to go to church. I would like cards, a clean house, a long nap, a nice dinner, and presents." 
I doubt I said it like that, but I was more decisive and clear. It happened and I wasn't sad or disappointed. I loved it!
On Saturday night, we had a nice visit with my parents and could give them Mothers Day and Getting ready for chemo gifts. We also had yummy cheesecake together. I have always known that my mom is an awesome mom and grandma and this challenge with my dad shows what an awesome wife she is. It shows how tender and gentle she is and also how strong she can be when she needs to be. She is awesome and we love her.

On Sunday, we went to church. We enjoyed good meetings. The primary sang to the moms. We always love that.  The YM gave all the women- Lindt chocolate. Yum.

After church, I had a nice nap.

Danny made a nice dinner!

I was showered with cute cards from the kids! 

I also had a nice "hello card" from my special friend, Janice. She has been thinking of me and reaching out to my mom and I since we found out that my dad had a brain tumor. She is so extremely sweet  even while she is going through an extremely difficult time. She lost her husband from a brain tumor . Although, we are hoping for a different outcome, she knows about a lot of the struggles and feeling that my parents are going through and experiencing. She has been an example of kindness.

Danny gave me Diet Coke and some picture frames that I have really wanted for  a gallery wall for our main family room. I love them and can't wait to print and hang beautiful pictures in them.



No comments: