Thursday, May 2, 2019

Passports and Travel Plans



We were so excited to finally get our passports in the mail! 

Unfortunately, we have decided to cancel the Marshall family trip to the Dominican Republic. We were all very excited about going to celebrate my Mom and Dad's 50th wedding Anniversary! However, it won't be possible for them to go now as my dad is very sick and in and out of the hospital.  We won't be using them this summer, but we hope that we can use them sometime in the next 5 years before they expire Did you know that my kids still haven't been on an airplane?! Their grandparents all live in VA and so do all of their uncles, aunts and cousins, except for Matt and Janelle and their family who come to visit every summer. How lucky are we for that?! To live by so much family is a blessing! It is so awesome that my kids and so close to their grandparents and count their cousins as their best friends! 

This makes me think of an exercise that Katherine and I tried recently. We made a list of things we wanted. The catch was that we needed to write 10 things that we wanted that we already have. One of the things I wanted was to live in Virginia- and we do! We find a lot of amazing things to do in Virginia. Truly, we love our state and are so thankful to spend most of our here.  

One of the things that I want that I don't have right now is more travel. We do take trips from time to time and have been up and down the east coast. I love that! I want that to continue. I also want to travel to other parts of the country and the world and want my kids to experience that. We are not overflowing with money, but we are VERY blessed. We always have what we need and most of what we want! I know that we could have more money for travel if I worked, but every time we re-evaluate that we decide that I should continue to stay home. I am thankful for this because I have so much time with my kids- time that a few vacations a year couldn't make up for! That being said, I still want travel and know that we can make that a reality in the future. 

No comments: